Friday, April 5, 2013

A New Beginning

Greetings! Welcome to Mommy Skeptic. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jen, and I am a married mother to a beautiful baby boy. When I first joined blogger it was to chronicle my journey as an Asatruar (norse pagan) living in Canada's north; I have since moved, and become an agnostic atheist. My journey to atheism is closely tied to my journey into scientific skepticism, and I now spend a fair bit of my online time reading about debunked conspiracy theories, urban legends, and more. I was hesitant to begin a skepticism blog, since there are already so many good ones out there, but with the proliferation of pseudo-science online I decided that there can't be too many skepticism blogs!

My intent here is simply to tackle one topic at a time with links to my sources. Maybe one day I'll tackle a post I saw on facebook, maybe another day I'll tackle something ridiculous that Natural News posted. I hope to devote a fair bit of time to topics I can relate to family and parenting. If at any point my research is faulty, please point it out; I will look into it and make any corrections. Please note this does NOT mean I welcome links to outlier studies. If 99% of scientists believe that A is safe, a link to a bunch of non-scientists saying A ruined their life is going to be ignored.

I am not a scientist. I do, however, consider myself scientifically literate and have enjoyed scientific topics since I was a kid. I hope that this will be a fun project for me more than anything else. Thanks for reading! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment